does anyone here know cpr?

Tuesday, June 14

Look at that...

...a bunch of words. Where did they all come from? I wouldn't know.


Cheat

You bestow a kiss on my open palm,
so warm and gentle.
Your tongue darts out quickly, imperceptibly,
seeking sustenance, licking the earth,
testing the air for signs of intrusion.

My hand curls, a lily frond heavy with deception,
keeping kiss after kiss between its intimate folds.
Yours, his, your best friend’s, your brother’s.
“I love you the best,” I think.
“I love you,” I say, and leave it at that.

Your breath maps my face, softly and with great ceremony,
tracing the path another had taken just hours before.
Your tastes meld in my throat,
life forces meet in my womb,
crossing each other out.

You kiss the sparkler on my ring finger.
You slipped it there barely a year ago.
Your cheek feels warm and rough against my hand,
and I wonder, what good will it do
to wash my hands clean?


Tell me what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home