does anyone here know cpr?

Saturday, June 11

Celine who?

I don't know why everyone's all "I don't do videokes." The videoke is about as Filipino as coconut pie. The videoke is a Filipino brainchild. I think it was the Japanese who thought up the karaoke, but it was the Filipino who said, "I don't know about you, but I don't know all the lyrics. So what d'ya say we shoot a video, score it with my sister's Yamaha and plaster misheard lyrics somewhere on the screen." Voilà! Greatness.

It was Gidge's thirtieth, and so we headed to a videoke bar on Jupiter. Now, this wasn't just any videoke bar where you stood up on a raised platform and humiliated yourself in front of strangers. This was the private-room-good-for-twelve thing where you enjoyed room service and humiliated yourself in front of friends. It was shame on the down low, if ya know what I mean.

When at a videoke bar, it's my firm belief that it's best to belt out the worst tunes. It makes for heartier laughs and point-blank-range pointing. My must-sings usually include: (1) "It's All Coming Back" by Celine Dion, (2) "Back For Good" by Take That, (3) "Cry" by Mandy Moore, (4) "2 Become 1" by Spice Girls, and (5) "Toxic" by Britney Spears.

Like I said, videokes are superfun. You eat, you laugh, and you hang with friends. Plus, you get to sing Celine and not be ashamed. Not like the time it came on the car radio and you realized you knew the song word-for-frickin'-word. Dang. Again I've said too much.

O o O


I recently came across a few Lindsay Lohan photos. The photos are from a Rolling Stone shoot. Okay, so she's pretty. She had all this beautiful red hair that (as one of probably three to four billion brunettes peppering this world) I wanted to rip off her head -- roots, scalp and all.

Anyway, there's a downside to all of this lovely red hair. And that's freckles. We're not talking Lucy-Liu-freckles here. Those are adorable. We're talking "oh my god are those ants crawling all over your skinny body" freckles. (Okay, so the skinny part had nothing to do with freckles, but.) She was, to be honest, a freckle that grew a face.

See? Behind every cloud, a silver lining.