Catching Up
Of mothers and cancer:
Stage IIIA. But she's still chipper. And still committed to her chemo cycles and weekly mah jong sessions.
Of writing and not writing:
No word from book editor on novella. And Palanca entries are still, pretty much, non-existent. Damn.
Of losing and lottery tickets:
Heading is, sadly, self-explanatory.
Of math and men:
I met a 41-year-old astrophysicist. A German rocket scientist. He was blonde and blue-eyed and, to be honest, had shades of Matthew McConaughey going on. (Can you believe it?) Unfortunately, I felt as dumb as a stump around him. He was only saying, "Let's not talk about quantum mechanics," and yet he still lost me at "quantum". I'm so blowing him off.
Of turtles, leaping off tall buildings and weird dreams:
Dream No. 1
I cradled an egg in my hand. I raised it up to the light, you know, to figure out what was inside. Then it began to hatch. Six turtles came out. I was freaked. I didn't know what to do. My next thought? Turtle soup. (Which was totally weird because I don't eat anything with a face.)
Dream No. 2
I looked out the window, and I see a woman falling. I could make out a bloody child on the ground, being bundled up by the paramedics. After battling a massive bout of vertigo, I managed to look out the window once more and spotted five or six women leaping to their deaths.
Of unrequited love between friends:
Friend A fell in love with Friend B. Friend A decided to tell Friend B of his feeling via text. Friend B was decidedly icked out and told Friend A to just stop it. Friend A took Friend B's rhetorical bitch slap as a "challenge" and vowed to make Friend B fall in love with him (even if he had to "kneel" before her. I swear, those were his words.) So Friend A told Friend B that he wasn't giving up on his love. Which, of course, led Friend B to fire back a bunch of strongly-worded SMSs. Now, Friend A can't look Friend B in the eye, and Friend B can't look at Friend A without gagging.
Stage IIIA. But she's still chipper. And still committed to her chemo cycles and weekly mah jong sessions.
Of writing and not writing:
No word from book editor on novella. And Palanca entries are still, pretty much, non-existent. Damn.
Of losing and lottery tickets:
Heading is, sadly, self-explanatory.
Of math and men:
I met a 41-year-old astrophysicist. A German rocket scientist. He was blonde and blue-eyed and, to be honest, had shades of Matthew McConaughey going on. (Can you believe it?) Unfortunately, I felt as dumb as a stump around him. He was only saying, "Let's not talk about quantum mechanics," and yet he still lost me at "quantum". I'm so blowing him off.
Of turtles, leaping off tall buildings and weird dreams:
Dream No. 1
I cradled an egg in my hand. I raised it up to the light, you know, to figure out what was inside. Then it began to hatch. Six turtles came out. I was freaked. I didn't know what to do. My next thought? Turtle soup. (Which was totally weird because I don't eat anything with a face.)
Dream No. 2
I looked out the window, and I see a woman falling. I could make out a bloody child on the ground, being bundled up by the paramedics. After battling a massive bout of vertigo, I managed to look out the window once more and spotted five or six women leaping to their deaths.
Of unrequited love between friends:
Friend A fell in love with Friend B. Friend A decided to tell Friend B of his feeling via text. Friend B was decidedly icked out and told Friend A to just stop it. Friend A took Friend B's rhetorical bitch slap as a "challenge" and vowed to make Friend B fall in love with him (even if he had to "kneel" before her. I swear, those were his words.) So Friend A told Friend B that he wasn't giving up on his love. Which, of course, led Friend B to fire back a bunch of strongly-worded SMSs. Now, Friend A can't look Friend B in the eye, and Friend B can't look at Friend A without gagging.

<< Home