does anyone here know cpr?

Tuesday, June 28

Hodgepodge of Ho-hum

Am way tired. Between my regular radio job, my tv gig and other freelance thingies, I barely have time to watch SpongeBob. I wish I was filthy rich. So I could just stay in bed all day, rolling around in crisp dollars bills à la Demi Moore in "Indecent Proposal". But I'm not. Who I am is someone who is (1) sending a chunky monkey (i.e. my baby brother) to some private Catholic school, (2) the owner of a temperamental car that's currently making weird "is my wheel going to fly off now?" noises, (3) being hounded by Visa's cronies. Argh.

O o O


Russell treated us to dinner at my absolute favorite Indian/Asian fusion restaurant a few days ago. I enjoyed every morsel -- despite my recent bout with food poisoning. (Abdominal cramps. The flu. And, er, the works. It was so not pretty.) But Tom, who said he wouldn't eat anything that didn't bleed, hated every moment. Ha-ted-it. To quote him, "This is so 'Fear Factor'".

Made me go "tee hee".

Anyway. About Russell. He's turning the big three-oh in August, and he's throwing a weekend beach romp at a nearby resort town. Of course, I'm going to have to miss it, because I can't "spare" two straight days for romping. I'm thankful for all the work, you know, but... It's a bummer, is all.

O o O


I was surfing the other day and ended up on this mall's website -- and you know what? They totally ripped me off. Or their ad agency totally ripped me off. Or the guys who put up their website totally ripped me off. Okay, I don't know who's behind it, but I do know that I was totally ripped off. (Backgrounder: I used to write for this stupid shopping magazine that, by the way, to this very frickin' day, still owed me 15Gs [read: Tienda Magazine] and I usually wrote the mall reviews. Lame, I know.) Oh my God, this mall totally ripped off one of my articles on another mall! They lifted major sections, word for word. Will I ever see a cent of that? Yeah, right.

(Sidebar: A part of me feels sort of... good, for lack of a better word, over getting plagiarized. I mean, if they plagiarized you then it must mean that they thought your work was good enough to pass off as their own. Right? Right?!?)

Anyway, a plague on both your houses-slash-malls. Slash-magazines.