does anyone here know cpr?

Wednesday, June 9

caliboy + me = nonsense

california boy and i have known each other for over a year now. this is our latest conversation about absolutely nothing.

caliboy: What's shakin'?
me: i don't shake... it's not very ladylike, is it?
caliboy: Well, you could shake with indignation that I might even suggest such a thing.
me: ladies don't shake with anything... we're very calm and collected... on occasion, we may raise one eyebrow in inquiry, but nothing more...
caliboy: Ahhhh... one of those classy ones, are you, with the eyebrow and all. Leonard Nimoy used to do that as "Mr. Spock" on Star Trek.
me: your reference to television amuses me somewhat...
caliboy: amuses you to the point of shaking?
me: sadly, no... although, my mouth did twitch a bit...
caliboy: I have a friend who used to do that alot, the one eyebrow thing, and she loved doing it too. Then someone told her it looked sexy, and she quit doing it. I wish I could figure out how to do it, but I'm just not able to. I should figure out some other sexy gesture.
me: how about pursing your lips in disdain? that works for my friend, bunny...
caliboy: Hmmm, nah, that would look prissy on a man. Prissy isn't very sexy.
me: how about tossing your hair back after every other sentence then? that works for my tennis partner, mipsy.
caliboy: Do you have a friend named "Cottontail" by any chance?
me: i used to. although, she was thrown out of the country club for dating the gardener... excuse me... "landscaper".
caliboy: At least she wasn't thrown out for nibbling on the greenery.
me: oh no. she gave that up in prep school. but who knows what that "landscaper" had forced her to do?!?
me: cottontail said he slept with the garden hose by his side. but then, maybe she was just being silly.
caliboy: I think you're just being silly, if anyone is.
me: oh no. i'm never silly. it's not becoming of a lady.
caliboy: Not fooling me. You shake, and you're silly.
me: hmp. i'm sorry. you must have me confused with someone who deigns to shake.
caliboy: Yeah, someone who uses "to deign" as a verb in ordinary speech is unlikely to shake.
me: oh my. would you rather i used the word "stoop"?
caliboy: No, deigning is fine with me. Ladies shouldn't stoop, especially in a skirt.
me: you are quite amusing. don't tell mother i was very liberal with praises today. she wouldn't approve.
caliboy: "Quite amusing". Now that's a feather in my cap. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me.