does anyone here know cpr?

Sunday, September 11

Could it be?

Gasp! Is The Novel Headed Nowhere... headed somewhere?

Here's an update on the novel front via a series of e-mails.


First, my "cazh on the outside, groveling on the inside" e-mail:

Hi, B*!

Ophelia here. We spoke a couple of months ago about the possibility of having my manuscript published? Anyway, I know you're super busy (and I really hate bothering you and all) but I was just wondering if there were any developments.

Also, if there's anything else you need from my end, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice week, and thanks for your time.

Thanks again,
Ophelia :)


And (drum roll please) finally, a reply!

Hi, Ophelia!

I've edited your book and it's ready for publication. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see it become a book as I am moving on to a new job in S*.

However, I've turned over the edited manuscript to A*, publisher of S* B*. She will be in touch with you regarding the publication schedule. The title we've chosen is G* L*.

Best of luck and I hope to read more of your stuff!
B*


Okay, here's my tickled-pink response, with a side dish of giddy:

Hi, B*!

Thanks for everything you've done for the book -- editing it and getting it ready for publication and all. I think it's safe to say that I'll be forever in your debt. :) Anyway, good luck on your big move!

Thanks again,
Ophelia :)


The smiley faces are killing me! What was I thinking? Anyway, then came the publisher's e-mail! Hurrah!

Hi, Ophelia.

I really loved your book and would love to publish it. However, I'm in the process of finding another editor. I hope for more patience from you on this one. Will keep you posted on any developments.

All the best,
A*


Heart pounding and hands shaking, I quickly fired back this reply:

Hi, Ms. A*,

Thank you for the update. :) And not to worry, I'm all patience.

Thanks again,
Ophelia


As you can see, I just couldn't lay off the smiley faces. I guess I was just so glad that there was still hope for TNHN... The wait, however, is killing me... I guess I'm just semi-patient and not all patient.

Oh well.

Patient or not, I'm all happy.